LXXVIII. YP/NIS Functions
NIS (formerly called Yellow Pages) allows network management of important administrative files (e.g. the password file). For more information refer to the NIS manpage and
Introduction to YP/NIS. There is also a book called Managing NFS and NIS by Hal Stern.
To get these functions to work, you have to configure PHP with --with-yp(PHP 3) or --enable-yp(PHP 4).
- Table of Contents
- yp_get_default_domain — Fetches the machine's default NIS domain
- yp_order — Returns the order number for a map
- yp_master — Returns the machine name of the master NIS server for a map
- yp_match — Returns the matched line
- yp_first — Returns the first key-value pair from the named map
- yp_next — Returns the next key-value pair in the named map.